Enter the San Diego Latino Film Festival International Poster Competition today!
The San Diego Latino Film Festival (SDLFF) invites *design professionals, artists, and students* from all over the world to produce a commemorative poster design that will represent the history and legacy of the SDLFF.
SDLFF was born out of a desire to take a stand against the status-quo of cinema, to challenge the reigning and ever-present stereotypes about the Latino experience in movies, and to give Latino filmmakers the power of telling and sharing their stories, first-hand, about what it means to be Latino.
We invite you and all other visionary designers to be a part of our history by submitting your project to consideration. The commemorative poster design shall celebrate our core values and our passion for the Latino culture.
Your design will receive national and international exposure, including but not limited to: the cover of the Official SDLFF 2020 Program book, print ads, TV commercials, social media posts, ads, and web banners. Better yet, the winning artwork will receive a prize of $1,000.00 dollars!
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN:
- Create a profile on FilmFreeway and become a member using your email address.
- Visit our submission website at https://filmfreeway.com/festival/27SDLFFPosterContest
- Click on the green button “Submit Now” on the right-hand side of the page.
- Submit your artwork as a project. As soon as you sign up you will be directed to the Add Project page. Simply fill out this simple one-page form and save it. It’s that simple. You’re now ready to begin submitting to festivals!If you have multiple projects you’d like to submit, go to My Projects > Add New Project, and add as many projects as you like.
Please review the guidelines below very carefully. Failure to adhere to any of the stipulations made below may disqualify your submission.
KEYWORDS TO GUIDE YOUR DESIGN:
Culture, movies, art, history, movement.
Inviting, warm, joyful, connection, celebration.
Passion, identity, family, home, memories
San Diego – Baja California Region
Honoring Latino Filmmakers, movies & actors
Your poster design will be judged according to the following criteria:
- 1. Clarity and originality of message
- Our judges will be looking for innovative and creative designs that illustrates San Diego Latino Film Festival’s tradition, as well as its joyful, forward-thinking and inclusive values.
- 2. Impact, memorability, and appeal to general audiences:
- Poster design must appeal to general audiences & corporate Sponsors (ALL age groups & gender).
- The poster must NOT include nudity, weapons, offensive imagery, and derogatory text. We expect artists to exercise their best judgment in making creative decisions.
- 3. Unique, positive, and non-stereotypical representation of Latino Culture
- Important: Your artwork must be FREE of any generalizations about the Latino culture. This includes but is not limited to: stereotypical imagery, icons specific to one country, and uninspired stock visuals.
- Icons that may NOT be represented in the design include chiles, nachos, skulls, papel picado, piñatas, cactuses, sombreros, etc.
- 4. Design (type, color, composition, craft)
- Your poster design must contain the festival name (San Diego Latino Film Festival)
- Colorful designs are preferred.
- 5. Versatility for application on other media
- Your poster design must be functional – Your design will be used in advertisements, catalog, website, and other marketing materials.
- Computer graphics, as well as paintings, may be used to compose the design.
- Format: JPEG, 18″ wide x 24″high, 150 DPI (RGB), 4 MB
If you make it past the preliminary round of entries, you’re also required to submit your artwork in Digital Format, 11” wide x17” high at 300 DPI (CMYK).
- Artwork must include a brief description of your artwork.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
This is an international competition, open to designers of all professional levels.
There is no entry fee.
A panel of distinguished judges (composed of artists, graphic designers, and art educators) will vote on the winning poster and finalists.
Top Prize: $1,000.00 dollars and promotional exposure in ALL marketing festival related marketing materials
10 Finalists – 2 tickets to the 27th Anniversary San Diego Latino Film Festival & promotional exposure!
Artwork must be submitted by Friday, November 1st, 2019.
Media Arts Center’s San Diego Latino Film Festival shall have an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, exhibit, publicly display and distribute their submitted entry for any activity, reproduce and distribute to third parties that are associated or sponsored activities. Artists will retain all rights to their original posters art.
For more information visit: http://sdlatinofilm.com or call 619-230-1938.